We are loving the Spring 2014 OlsenHaus Collection. Founder Elizabeth Olsen, was able to mix her passion for fashion and love for the animal kingdom to create one inspirational brand. Vegan and beautiful!
How beautiful are these flowers from A Pretty Flower?! Having flowers around can really brighten up our day:)
Corn and Bean Quesadillas with Avocado-Mango-Chipotle Salsa
1 medium ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced in 1/4-inch pieces
1 cup diced mango, in 1/4-inch pieces (I used frozen)
juice from 1/2 lime
about 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning, or to taste
pinch salt and pepper, optional and to taste
Corn and Bean Quesadillas
2 fajita or soft taco shells (try fajita whole wheat)
1/4 cup chunky bean and corn salsa (I used a storebrand, or try Cowboy Caviar)
1/4 cup shredded cheese (Daiya is vegan, or use a reduced fat Mexican blend)
1. Avocado-Mango-Chipotle Salsa - Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, tossing gently to mix thoroughly.
2. Taste salsa and adjust chipotle seasoning, salt, pepper, or lime juice ratios if necessary. Cover with plasticwrap to help prevent oxidation of avocado; set aside while preparing the quesadilla. Salsa is best fresh, but extra will keep for up to 2 days airtight in the refrigerator, although some oxidation will occur.
3. Corn and Bean Quesadillas - Place one fajita shell into a non-stick skillet.
4. Spoon on salsa in an even flat layer, leaving a small bare 1/2-inch margin around the perimeter.
5. Evenly sprinkle with cheese.
6. Top with the other fajita shell.
7. Turn stove to medium-high heat, and once pan is warm, cook for about 3 minutes on first side. If you have a lid, cover skillet to encourage cheese to melt.
8. Uncover skillet, flip quesadilla over, and cook on second side for 1 to 3 minutes, or until done to taste preference.
9. Transfer quesadilla from skillet to plate, top with Avocado Mango Chipotle Salsa, and serve immediately. Quesadillas are best warm and fresh.
Our Wellness Weekend and Trunk Show with Atelier Minyon are coming to SARAROSE soon! Time to make it happen!
Stella McCartney’s 2014 Spring line is amazing. The fact that she doesn’t use leather or fur in her designs makes her brand even more lovable<3
How beautiful is this light show at Ruby Falls? Aside from being a natural underground waterfall, Ruby Falls is committed to being an environmentally friendly attraction! Time to plan a visit:)
With summer right around the corner, we thought we would share this great vegan recipe! We hear this option falls apart easily, but the taste makes up for it!
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
makes 7-8 large patties
2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp maple or agave syrup
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning (or another fave spice!)
1/4 cup wheat flour
optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand - I used a few dashes cayenne, black pepper and a scoop of nutritional yeast)
salt to taste if needed
plentiful Panko crumbs
safflower oil for pan
burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard, grain buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs - or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with lotsa toppings.
We love this dark and edgy look shown at the PRISM Fashion Show. This look was created by the talented hair and makeup team from ASHA Salonspa Streets of Woodfield. The gold lips were created using gold lipstick from MakeupForever, topped with Aveda Lip Shine and loose glitter as the final layer.
Carla Primero motivates us to stay fit and healthy!
We love these looks from Lalesso’s 2014 Summer Collection. Always great finding brands that are eco and ethically conscious!